Just like zip files, RAR files can also be password protected. If you ever have a password protected RAR file in your computer, chances are more that you may have forgotten it’s password. In the below tutorial, we will teach you around at how to extract Password Protected RAR file without password. Before getting started, let us tell you that this technique is not guaranteed to recover the RAR file password but it is one of best chances we have got.
How to extract Password Protected RAR file without password?
- Download RAR password unlocker tool from the below link and install it.
RAR Password Unlocker Tool.
- Launch the RAR Password Unlocker Tool and then click open.
- Find the password protected RAR file from the pop-up dialog box and click open again.
- Right under the recovery section, select Dictionary Attack and just click the start button located at the top left corner of the program box.
- You will be successfully prompted with the password provided if the password is an English word in the dictionary.
- Sometimes it may fail, if that happenes, then select brute force attack right under recovery options and then click the start button again. This time, it may take lot of time depending on the complexity and length of the password.
Choosing The Right Recovery Option
There are three different recovery options in the Recovery tab in this RAR Password Unlocker Tool.They are:
- Brute-force Attack-This method tries all the possible combinations of characters (a-z,A-Z,0-9, !@#$%^&*). As usually, brute force attacks are very slow and require very powerful computers to speed up the process. First make sure to try the dictionary attack before going to brute-force.
- Brute-force with Mask Attack-If you know something about the password such as its character set, length, prefix, suffix, etc. then select Brute-force with Mask Attack under the recovery options. Then go to the brute-force tab and provide all the information that you know about the password.
- Dictionary Attack-Dictionary attack tries all the English words in dictionary as the password.
Latest posts by Pavan Yerla (see all)
- How to clear a default app settings on Android - March 8, 2017
- How to Clean Up Your Facebook News Feed Easily - March 3, 2017
- How to Start Any Browser Always in Private Browsing Mode - February 27, 2017