There are plenty of reasons to delete the occasional Facebook messages. Perhaps if you’re planning a surprise birthday party for your partner else sharing an password. Though we’re not here to judge the reasons why, but just to show you how. So, here’s how to delete Facebook messages.
First, an important caveat: deleting a message from Facebook messenger only removes it from your account. It doesn’t get deleted from recipients’ inbox. After you press send, the message is out there. Deleting it won’t take it back again (if you can get them to delete it too).
How to Delete a Facebook Messages in Messenger
To delete messages on Facebook, you need to open the individual message. Then go to options and start selecting the messages you want to delete. If you have many messages, then the process can be very time-consuming. If not, you can simply remove the message from the messages list, but doing this wouldn’t remove the message permanently. Instead the deleted message will be archived, and reappears when the person sends you a new message.
How to Delete a Facebook Message from the Web
Permanently Delete Facebook Chat History on Facebook Messenger for web
When using Facebook Messenger on your PC, there are two options for deleting messages.
- Navigate to Facebook Messenger in your web browser at www.messenger.com
- Open the Chat where there’s a message you want to delete.
- Right click on the message and click Delete.
- Click Delete again.
- Hooray!. The selected message is now gone from your Facebook account.
How to Delete Facebook Messages and Chat History on a Mobile Device
- Open > Facebook Messenger by tapping the app on your mobile device.
- Inorder to delete an entire conversation, select the conversation (chat) that you’d like to delete and swipe to the left.
- Then select and tap “Delete”.
- If you want to delete a particular message, tap into the conversation in which you want to delete particular message so that you can see all of the messages within it.
- Click on the message you want to delete.
- Then tap “Delete.
Latest posts by Pavan Yerla (see all)
- How to clear a default app settings on Android - March 8, 2017
- How to Clean Up Your Facebook News Feed Easily - March 3, 2017
- How to Start Any Browser Always in Private Browsing Mode - February 27, 2017