Remember the days when Facebook videos played only when you clicked on them? If you want to return to that far finer age, all you need to do is to toggle a few tucked-away settings to stop the auto-play feature. Here’s how to disable auto play on Facebook.
Auto-playing videos are very annoying at best (some cases are maybe you didn’t want that video to start playing in front of anyone in sight of your screen). And second and imporatant thing is data-wasting at worst (maybe you didn’t want to burn up that limited data on a video you didn’t even wanted to watch). So we totally understand if you want to put an end to it. Now Let’s start with Facebook’s desktop and then move onto the mobile apps for total coverage.
How to Disable Auto Play on Facebook Desktop
It is pretty easy disabling auto play feature in Facebook desktop than in mobiles apps. Just log into your Facebook account and click on the menu arrow in the upper right corner. Then select “Settings”.
Within the settings menu, now select “Videos” from the bottom of the left hand navigation pane.
Even within the “Video Settings” menu, select the drop down menu beside “Auto-Play Videos” and toggle it to “Off”.
With that little quick change, auto-playing videos are now a thing of the past.
How to Disable Auto Play on Facebook Mobile Apps/Devices
Here’s goes to disable auto-playing video on Facebook’s mobile applications, we need to jump over to the settings menu. We’re using Android for this tutorial, but the option is the same on both Android and iOS. Select the menu icon to access your settings.
- Select “Settings” in the coming menu.
- Then select “Account Settings” in the pop up menu.
- Later select “Videos and Photos” from the Account Settings menu.
- Now within the “Videos and Photos” menu select “Autoplay”.
- There you can change the settings between always playing regardless of the network or only auto-playing on Wi-Fi and never play (until you click on them). Select “Never Autoplay Videos”.
Latest posts by Pavan Yerla (see all)
- How to clear a default app settings on Android - March 8, 2017
- How to Clean Up Your Facebook News Feed Easily - March 3, 2017
- How to Start Any Browser Always in Private Browsing Mode - February 27, 2017