How to use Jio sim in 3g mobile
Here today we will see how you use the Jio SIM card on 3G compatible phones. If you insert the 4G Jio SIM card from Reliance Jio in your 3G phone, the signal bars will not appear on the phone/device. But, here is how to use Jio sim in 3g mobile.
However, remember that you can get only 3G fast and this would be considerably fast than the ones provided by the other service providers.
In order to get Jio Sim working on 3G mobile your handset should have minimum requirements.
The requirements are as below:
- Android 4.4 KitKat or above
- MediaTek Chipset (or)
- Snapdragon Qualcomm Processor
The first things first, before trying this trick’s you need an activated Jio sim. Then only you can follow the below tricks and get succeeded.
Checking Device for Mediatek or Qualcomm Processor:
- Download CPU-Z app from Playstore: Click Here
- Install and open the app.
- Wait until it retrieves your device information.
- Within few seconds you’ll see your device information on screen.
- If your device is using Mediatek Chipset then you can see the Logo of Mediatek Chipset on the screen.
Method 1: Mediatek Processor Only
After checking your mobile specs and confirming that your device is running on Android 4.4 KitKat or above with MediaTek Chipset.
- You need to Download MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G mobile.
- This Application allows you to run an advanced Setup from the Engineering Mode. Which is also called as SERVICE MODE.
Note: Use this menu option very carefully. In case, if you are struck or confused , then just stop it or don’t do it at all!
- Once the app is app, Open it or dial your mobiles specific code for Engineering Mode
- Click on the MTK Settings then Select Preferred Network Option.
- Here you can Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as network option and save it. Now restart your device.
- After doing the above steps, Shutdown the device.
- Insert Reliance Jio 4G sim on 1st Slot and by keeping 2nd Slot empty.
- Now you can switch on the mobile now you can see Jio 4G network.
Within just 10 minutes you can now get the Jio Network. But you won’t get 4G speeds , you will get 3G speed. Which is better than normal <3.
Method 2 Snapdragon Qualcomm Processor
- First, visit the Dial-pad, and type this number *#*#4636#*#*
- Then you can see one page with Testing, then click on Phone Information just scroll down till you find the Set Preferred Network Type drop-down menu then click on that
- Select LTE/GSM auto (PRL) or any LTE option and close it
- Switch off mobile phone and insert Jio Sim in 1st slot and keep the 2nd slot empty.
- After Switch on you can see Jio 4G signal on your mobile
PLEASE NOTE: Postefy is not responsible if anything goes wrong during the process. Users should proceed at their own risk.
Latest posts by Pavan Yerla (see all)
- How to clear a default app settings on Android - March 8, 2017
- How to Clean Up Your Facebook News Feed Easily - March 3, 2017
- How to Start Any Browser Always in Private Browsing Mode - February 27, 2017